A free curated library of innovations in impact investing terms and investment structures, available to entrepreneurs, investors and impact professionals
Impact Terms offers:
- a platform for newcomers to impact enterprises to learn and evaluate structures;
- a forum to build investor/investee consensus around “neutral” terms; and
- a platform for experts to share their innovations, best practices and experience.
Browse for Articles
Sort By Content Topic
Alternative Entities Alternative Exits Alternative Fund Structures Benefit Corporations Blended Finance Ethics Requirement Governance Ideas Impact Auditing Rights Impact Certification Requirement Impact Equity Incentives Impact Funds Impact Reporting Information Rights Investment Vehicles L3CS Limited Partnership Closed Ended Fund Measuring Impact Pay For Success Redemption Based Exits Revenue Based Structures Royalties Self Liquidating Investments Social Purpose Covenant Steward Ownership Use of Proceeds Restriction
- Why should US Foundations consider PRIs and Equity PRIs?
- Program Related Investments (PRIs) for United States Foundations Overview
- Stakeholders vs. Shareholders
- Is ‘Place-based’ investing a crisis response strategy for Impact Investors?
- Catalytic Capital
- Re-Thinking Corporate Governance in the context of COVID-19 and crisis bailouts
- Covid 19 is a lesson in why alternative investment structures are needed
- Social Enterprise
- Stock Transfer Restrictions
- Impact Oversight
- Protecting Voting Rights
- Including “Use of Proceeds” Language
- Drag-Along Rights
- Traditional Exit Strategies for Social Enterprises
- Protective Provisions