Morrison & Foerster is a committed participant in the social enterprise and impact investing space – a position we have championed for more than 20 years. Our team across our corporate, finance, tax, patent, and licensing practices is passionate about solving the world’s biggest problems through creative business models and mission-focused investments. We have long recognized that impact investing and social entrepreneurship have unique legal challenges, as investors, companies, and organizations determine how to embed social and environmental missions into governing documents, investments, and business strategies.
Our practice supports:
- Social enterprises of all sizes and from all sectors;
- Nonprofit organizations and hybrid/tandem enterprises;
- Investors focused on impact in addition to returns, including foundations, public charities, family offices, development finance institutions, governmental entities, and private funds, and mainstream investors considering ESG (environmental, social, and governance) factors in their investments;
- Fund sponsors in their formation and operation of impact funds, including in collaborations with impact-focused organizations for the provision of advisory and technical support;
- Private companies seeking to embed ESG issues into operations; and
- Public companies as they refine ESG strategies and navigate the business and human rights landscape.
For more information on our Social Enterprise + Impact Investing practice, please visit MoFo.com.
- Headquarter: Morrison & Foerster LLP, 425 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94105
- Countries served: United States, China, Germany, Belgium, Hong Kong, United Kingdom, Singapore, Japan
- Contact information: Meghan Burton, mburton [at] mofo.com
- Social Enterprise and Impact Investing articles: